Sorry if you thought we were going to reveal your spiritual gift to you on this page. It doesn't work like that. God alone, the Bible tells us, gives spiritual gifts to his children.
In fact he gives a lot more than that:
- God knows how to give good gifts to those who ask him (Matthew 7:11)
- One of God's good gifts is the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13, Acts 2:38, Acts 10:45)
- Jesus described himself as a gift from God (John 4:10)
- These gits of God cannot be bought (Acts 8:20)
- Salvation is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8)
- Eternal life is one of God's most precious gifts (Romans 6:23)
- When God gives something, it is never and cannot be taken back (Romans 11:29)
But let's stop beating around the bush; you came to this page because you want to know what your spiritual gift is, right? Thankfully it is not too difficult to find, but it won't be revealed quickly.
Many times people have asked us how to find their sprirtual gift and quite often our answer seems a bit deflating at first: 'Start doing the one-anothers of the Bible'.
We firmly believe that God alone, through his Holy Spirit, gifts each one in the Church for the strengthening of the body (see 1 Corinthians 12 with particular emphasis on verses 7 &11).
The gifts are not to be used to draw attention to yourself, to boost your own ranking or to benefit you alone. They are for the edification of the whole body. So in order to find your spiritual gift, you don't turn to a website, you go to the Church. (But don't leave just yet!)
The simple answer to the question is that you must start mixing it with the members of your local Church and start doing the Bible's one-anothers. What are they?
The one anothers
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honour one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10)
- Live in harmony with one another. (Romans 12:16)
- Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. (Romans 14:13)
- Accept one another. (Romans 15:7)
- You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[ 5:13 Or the flesh; also in verses 16, 17, 19 and 24] ; rather, serve one another in love. (Galatians 5:13)
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Ephesians 4:2)
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)
- Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. (Colossians 3:13)
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom. (Colossians 3:16)
- Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. (Hebrews 10:24)
- Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. (1Peter 1:22)
- Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. (1 Peter 3:8)
- Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. (1 Peter 4:9)
- This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. (1 John 3:11)
There they are; only 15 or so of them. So why is it necessary to start doing all these things in order to find out your spiritual gift? Because God has designed it so the Church will affirm that gift in you and that's not going to happen if you isolate yourself from Church.
As we said earlier, your spiritual gift is not too difficult to find, but it won't be revealed quickly. What are you waiting for?