"I was privileged to travel to Israel to live in a kibbutz (collective farm) for a month in the late 1970's, aged in my early twenties.
I wasn't a Christian nor Jewish - just a young guy looking for adventure.
Israel is an amazing place and it's not hard to quickly work out that Jesus walked there 2000 years ago - especially when a Christian Jew, called "Walking David", took a group of us on a 2 1/2 hour tour of Jerusalem highlighting the places where the Lord Jesus walked and taught!
As I travelled around Israel I saw places like Galilee, Jericho, Dead Sea - even spending Christmas Eve in a little town called Bethlehem. You may have heard of it?
But it was in a small church in Old Jerusalem that I prayed a very simple but very sincere prayer that God would make Himself real to me.
When I returned to home to Australia I went and saw Franco Zeffirelli's film, "Jesus of Nazareth" twice at the local theatre in the South Coast of NSW where I grew up. I went twice because I became captivated by the person of Jesus the first time I saw the film.
To cut a long story short, I was experiencing a very real heart interest in God; especially as to whom He really was and also a growing awareness as to my (non) relationship with Him. It all came to a head on the 30th April, 1979 when I "went forward" at a Billy Graham Crusade and was 'born again'
I am amazed to this day how little I knew about Jesus at the time but I did genuinely know that I needed to 'connect' with Him as a matter of highest priority - and I entered the kingdom of God that day as a little child - all of grace - nothing but grace.
It was so simple but so powerfully real - still is.
That was over 30 years ago and my 'heart interest' in God has never waned because God is just so good, loving, accessible, patient and sovereign over the affairs of all that is.
My wife and I attend an evangelical church on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, Australia.
When I am not teaching a terrific bunch of teens at a local Christian school, I manage to play Over 35's soccer; follow the Parramatta Eels (rugby league) often and I always enjoy discussing our Lord, theology and the Christian faith with students and friends.
I really hope you 'enjoy' this website - I hope it brings you closer to the Creator - I hope you will be challenged to explore the "Christian faith" - which really means I hope you will consider the risen Jesus. He still lives you know!"
PLEASE CONTACT ME
- Please email me if you are a former student and/or person from the distant past! I can be contacted via: our CONTACT US page (DO IT!!!)
- My articles can be found right HERE!
- My blogs can be found here: Stephen's Blogs.
- My 'humble' music, with my friend Peter Aitken, can be downloaded free, of course, (MP3) from HERE.
- Selected passages from the Book of Hebrews. Sermons entitled "Jesus. Better Than Anything' (1.1 - 2.4); "Let My People Grow" (5.11 - 6.12) and "What's So Special About Jesus? (6.13 - 7.28) can be downloaded HERE.
- What is Justification? (I regard this as one of my most important messages)
- Excuses, excuses! (Exodus 4)
- Messages from the Book of Matthew : On this page are 4 sermons. They are:
'When God was a refugee'
'Jesus is tested'
'Wealth and worry'
'Jesus, parables and secrets'
'Tradition v God's Word' (Matthew 15)
'Jesus and the End of the Age' (Matthew 24)
'Why Did Jesus Die on a Cross?' (Matthew 27)
- Do Christians Need the Gospel Too? (Critical issue - PLEASE download!)
- 2 Messages: Disappointment With God (from the Book of Malachi)
- No Need to be Confused (Galatians 1.1 - 2.10)
- Carrying Another's Burdens for Dummies (Galatians 6:1-10)
- Jesus and that awkward question (John 6.1-15)
- The Day of Pentecost ... what does it mean? (Acts 2:1-40)
- Baptism. What Does it Mean? (Romans 6:1-14)
- John (the Baptist), his baptism, his mission (John 1:19-34)
ARCHIVED 'EARLIER' SERMONS
The Marks of a Friend (2-part series) - 1984
God, Our Comforter - 1989
A Working Church in Waiting (1 Thessalonians 1:1-10) - 1996
Psalm 103 - 2005
Daniel In the Lion's Den (Daniel 6:1-28) - 2005
Messages from The Book of Acts - 2005/6
- Acts 5 - The Unstoppable Gospel
- Acts 14 - Don't I Know You?
- Acts 28 - A Really Good Shipwreck!
God of the Second Chances: Jonah (Jonah Chs 2 and 3) - 2006
Messages from Mark's Gospel - 2007/8
- WHO IS THIS MAN? (Ch.4)
- ISN'T THIS THE CARPENTER? (Ch.6)
- BEWARE OF THE YEAST! (Ch.8)
- A RICH YOUNG RULER. (Ch.10)
- HOW MUCH IS JESUS WORTH? (Ch. 14)
Messages from Luke's Gospel - 2008
- Ch.9. The Transfiguration
- Ch.12. Why Worry?
- Ch.15. The Parable of the Lost Son
Psalm 12 - 2008
Paul & the Buzz Lightyears (2 Corinthians 11:1-15) - 2008
Love One Another (1 John 3:11-24) - 2008
Sermon From 1 Peter 5 - 2008
We Who Live In Glass Houses (John 8.2-11) - 2009
Psalm 73 - 2009
Genesis & the Patriarchs - (5 sermons) 2009
- Genesis 18.1-16
- Genesis 22.1-19
- Genesis 29.1-30
- Genesis 37
- Genesis 40 and 41
Sermons from Ephesians - 2009/10
- Ephesians 3:1-13
- Ephesians 5:1-14
The Parable of the Tenants (Luke 20:9-19) - 2010